So way back on February 1st I wrote the below, but – funny story – I seemingly neglected to hit the “publish” button – something I just recently became aware of. At any rate, I think it’s still worth sharing…
Just a quick entry to let you know that I won’t be making any more blog entries until the afternoon of August 31st, 2014. I’ve just got a lot going on right now and I expect that to be the case for the next 211 days. I’m telling you this because I don’t want anyone thinking that I’ve become just yet another blogger who didn’t commit to the process.
To give you a little insight into what I’m talking about, this is some of what I expect to happen in those 211:
– Based on the first round of edits, I expect that we will hit a few more snags and schedule conflicts with my book (Where The Broken Lie) that will cause the release date to be pushed back – probably even past August and into September or October.
– My wife and I will be spending a lot of time going to our son Quinn’s traveling baseball practices and games. They had an okay year in 2013, but they seem improved to me and I would be shocked if they didn’t finish the season exactly 15-7.
– Speaking of youth sports, I’ve really missed coaching soccer in the Fall these past 3 years. I could probably be easily talked into volunteering to coach Quinn’s team and leading them to a 3-0 start to the season. Sitting here on February 2nd, though, it’s hard to project out much further than those first 3 games.
– I am going to invest a lot of time and energy into my writing career. I’m going to learn a lot about the craft and the industry via podcasts, blogs, and ebooks.
– I am going to put more time into my next project which will actually be a YA novel with some elements of magic and mystery.
I could go on, but I think you get the point. I’ll be gone. Then I’ll be back. And then I’ll be better.